PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
My father in law has an old Garbow Viking(like a falcon with replacement bowls). Well in his youth he used it for another smoking type and now has a nasty taste. I searched around and all I can find is falcon replacements. Does anyone know where you might find a replacement for the bowls of the viking or if the Falcons will work with it also.
thanks,

Wade

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The site, Smoking Metal seems to indicate that you may have some luck. They say
The latest range of Dr Grabow Viking, made in USA. There are an incredible range of bowls that fit these pipes, probably more than other make of pipe. That is probably since so many other makers chose to use the same thread, and many pipe smokes seem to have got their friendly local pipe maker to make a special for them.
Also, check out this Dr. Grabow Pipe Info site. It has lots of links and resources.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Falcon bowls do not work on a Viking. I see Viking bowls on Ebay from time to time.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Koolsmoke brand bowls work! I have two of them and they are nice pieces of briar as well. They are both pretty light and fill free. I have gotten all my Viking bowls on E-Bay by buying an entire pipe for usually less than ten bucks.

BTW, My viking pipes are some of my faves. I just wish the bowls were bigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.