PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks I guess I recall that Virginia one now that I read your link. I remember working near the rock quarry in montgomeryville and just thinking the quarry down the road was blowing up rock. I don’t recall anything being disturbed where I was renting at the time, but the place was such a dump I don’t think we’d have noticed. The Pymatuming one sounds substantial but that’s 6 hours away. The jars will stay where they are. I’m now in collegeville.
Collegeville, eh? How come you aren't coming to the Lehigh Valley Pipe Club, then? Come up 29 to my house (Milford Twp.) and I'll drive the rest of the way.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Pretty much a regular occurrence here, but always an interesting experience regardless. Our last good one was in 2018 and that one was a little spooky. I had just arrived at work when it happened. File cabinets tipped over, ceiling tiles fell out, computers hit the floor, power tranformers blew up, it was quite something.

My wife was at home 45 miles away and 5 months pregnant. Traffic of course jammed moving out of town due to both panic and damaged roads, so it took me over 3 hours to get home. Thankfully our home was further from the epicenter and sustained pretty minimal damage. Some cracked drywall, a few kitchen cabinets busted off the wall, and the well water was full of dirt for a while, but nothing too major.

Pretty memorable day.

IMG_0207.jpegIMG_0205.jpegIMG_0209.jpegIMG_0206.jpegIMG_0208.jpeg