PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm intrigued by emojis as a kind of reverting to hieroglyphs and giving a visual aspect to the written word. I guess they arrived just as graphic novels emerged as more than children's books. I can't decide if emojis mostly add a dimension or decline to a primitive level. I have the same reaction to street graffiti. Some are remarkably expressive, and others just seem like ordinary vandalism. If people did drawings themselves, that might reveal quite a bit in terms of expression ... for worse or better.

So where’s the shortcut list to type those animated emojis @cosmicfolklore is always putting the end of his posts? One time I accidentally typed something on here that replaced the text with an animated one. But I have no clue what I typed and how it happened.
I just chose the picture thingy from the list you get when you click on the smiley face above the textbox. We had all agreed at one time that Puffy, the pipesmoking picture thingy, would represent a pipesmoker’s sarcasm. But, of course we don’t tell the newbies this, amd many people don’t know when I am sacrastic… which has made for some interesting flame outs by simple minds thinking I am being serious.

edit: you click in the image box, and then the smiley face icon shows up.

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
I just chose the picture thingy from the list you get when you click on the smiley face above the textbox. We had all agreed at one time that Puffy, the pipesmoking picture thingy, would represent a pipesmoker’s sarcasm. But, of course we don’t tell the newbies this, amd many people don’t know when I am sacrastic… which has made for some interesting flame outs by simple minds thinking I am being serious.

Well, you don’t have to worry about me flaming out on you. I’m either too dumb or too stubborn to get offended by much. Plus, if I feel like you don’t like me today, it’s ok. You will tomorrow. Bc I’m lovable and I’m a hoot.puffynnnn

Reactions: Laurent

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.

I don't understand what you said, but I'm offended anyway. puffy

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia

puffy

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky

As I am a little bit technically challenged, I consider the fact I have a profile at all a success....Smiley Face!? what smiley Face??