PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Meet Eric ( @Elric )and his Son at one of our Florida Pipe Smoke meets last winter. Eric was visiting his Son, decided to meet us and bright his Son along (who was a very nice going man). While there, we somehow got into the subject of McClelland and how much I like their Virginias. Eric said he believed he had some Christmas Cheer tins he didn't care for that much and would be happy to give me. I told him that would be great but would wish to pay him or trade something for them.

Cycle forward to a few weeks ago. Eric sent me a PM, advised he had returned to Michigan, had some family issues and had not been able to follow up since our meet. He did have a tin of Christmas Cheer he wanted to send me and also provided his cellar list saying he had grown tired of VaPers. Asked for my address. Without going through all the sordid details, this package showed up on my doorstep today. I saw who it was from, felt the weight and immediately knew there was more than a tin of Christmas Cheer.

72DDC0A3-995D-43B0-BF56-7DA1A75E2687.jpeg

833F59B8-8DBA-44C0-BFEC-36977CE094E9.jpeg

St James Woods is a top ten all time favorite. It was one of the first mcclelland blends completely gone from the shelves when McClelland announced their closing. I couldn't stop from popping the tin of 12 pits year old LNF and losing a bowl. Divine! Rich, full, sweet with a spicy finish. Hard to believe this leaf had improved so much with age.m

Eric is being evasive but I will somehow figure out how to return this significant favor and generous gift. I never cease to be amazed at the kind hearts and generosity of fellow pipe and cigar smokers. Thank you Eric!

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Meet Eric ( @Elric )and his Son at one of our Florida Pipe Smoke meets last winter. Eric was visiting his Son, decided to meet us and bright his Son along (who was a very nice going man). While there, we somehow got into the subject of McClelland and how much I like their Virginias. Eric said he believed he had some Christmas Cheer tins he didn't care for that much and would be happy to give me. I told him that would be great but would wish to pay him or trade something for them.

Cycle forward to a few weeks ago. Eric sent me a PM, advised he had returned to Michigan, had some family issues and had not been able to follow up since our meet. He did have a tin of Christmas Cheer he wanted to send me and also provided his cellar list saying he had grown tired of VaPers. Asked for my address. Without going through all the sordid details, this package showed up on my doorstep today. I saw who it was from, felt the weight and immediately knew there was more than a tin of Christmas Cheer.

View attachment 103668

View attachment 103669

St James Woods is a top ten all time favorite. It was one of the first mcclelland blends completely gone from the shelves when McClelland announced their closing. I couldn't stop from popping the tin of 12 pits year old LNF and losing a bowl. Divine! Rich, full, sweet with a spicy finish. Hard to believe this leaf had improved so much with age.m

Eric is being evasive but I will somehow figure out how to return this significant favor and generous gift. I never cease to be amazed at the kind hearts and generosity of fellow pipe and cigar smokers. Thank you Eric!
?Is that a Murray’s Elizabethan? Score!