PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That an in general, i've seen a few people i know get in and go down rabbit holes and 2 months later they are just done with pipes in general. I came in that way but lucky it stuck with me, although I bought a lot of estate pipes because i loved the idea of smoking them more than i loved smoking them.
Have seen that with many hobbies. My brother is a very serious guitarist and he has bought so many pristine great guitars from people that gave up on it after only a few months. Also have seen many collections that are very heavy on things the person bought when they first started. Many I got 20 of these and honestly should have just spent the same to get two genuinely unique pieces. And I have to admit there are a lot of pipes I almost bought because I didn't realize how big the estate market is and how soon another similar pipe would come along.

Reactions: OzPiper

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
Thanks for all the great advice and wisdom. I honestly am not out for a huge collection just a good hand full. I love all my pipes i have. Love my cob just beacuse its cheap and if i break it while out hiking or camping i dont really care plus it smokes really good. My Savinelli nonpereil i got to smoke today and that one may have just became my favorite Briar.
As far as shapes i already know what tickles my fancy. Right now ive been using pipedia and pipephil to read up on brands that have caught my eye. One pipe i will add is a Fribourg & Treyer. That one will be just because of the rich history of that company.
As for now im done buying. Just gonna continue to nerd it up read what i can and pick everyones brain here. Yall have been a great resource.

Reactions: tklee