New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
For those unaware, Reacher is a new series that will be introduced on Prime Feb 4. Based upon the series of novels written by Lee Child, one of my favorites. The Reacher character in the novel is 6'5" and 250 lbs which made the two Reacher movies starring that shrimp Cruise rather silly. The character playing Reacher in the soon to be released Prime creation looks like he's a closer fit to the book character.

To make this pipe related, I'm certain I'll be smoking multiple bowls while binge watching the series.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Yes! Picked up several of the books a few years ago in the winter and once started would pretty much plow through a whole novel on a Saturday or Sunday or both, lol - not sure how many, but quite a few, then spring/summer came and golf and grilling took over and little reading so I didn't keep going with the series. Really enjoyed the books and will look forward to a more representative portrayal.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Yes! Picked up several of the books a few years ago in the winter and once started would pretty much plow through a whole novel on a Saturday or Sunday or both, lol - not sure how many, but quite a few, then spring/summer came and golf and grilling took over and little reading so I didn't keep going with the series. Really enjoyed the books and will look forward to a more representative portrayal.
There's around 25. I've read them all.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
The books are a great read. I have them on my Kindle app but, unfortunately, I've lost track of which ones I've read! And since they're so similar I can't even tell until I've reread about a quarter of the book that I've already read it! In fairness, this might apply to almost any book I've read. The movies with Tom Cruise were pretty good but only if you didn't think of him as Reacher LOL.

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
For those unaware, Reacher is a new series that will be introduced on Prime Feb 4. Based upon the series of novels written by Lee Child, one of my favorites. The Reacher character in the novel is 6'5" and 250 lbs which made the two Reacher movies starring that shrimp Cruise rather silly. The character playing Reacher in the soon to be released Prime creation looks like he's a closer fit to the book character.

To make this pipe related, I'm certain I'll be smoking multiple bowls while binge watching the series.
I am. Any vacation I take I usually grab a Reacher book to read.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The books are a great read. I have them on my Kindle app but, unfortunately, I've lost track of which ones I've read! And since they're so similar I can't even tell until I've reread about a quarter of the book that I've already read it! In fairness, this might apply to almost any book I've read. The movies with Tom Cruise were pretty good but only if you didn't think of him as Reacher LOL.
Can't you check your Kindle library to see which ones you've read? I primarily use Nook,the library with it shows what I've read. If that fails, if I go to Barnes & Noble, it won't let me buy the same book twice.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Dunno. Earlier amazon series were great. Lately (Amazon produced The Expanse, and The Wheel of Time) they've been very disappointing.

I'll be happy if it's good.

At end of every day, when me and the Ms. finally meet up, we watch whatever we can on the streaming platforms/apps. We need a good series lol.