PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Thanks for all the great comments all.
After having smoked several bowls, ( I've been babying it a bit and smoking it 2-3 times a week) it's developing into one of those magical pipes that almost smokes itself. By that I mean that due to whatever reason, the conical bowl drilling, etc. it takes the true light and holds on to smoke straight through unless I set it down too long and it's a very dry, cool smoking Bulldog. I've mainly been smoking EMP in it and it tastes wonderful in this pipe and the geometry of this squat design along with Les's silver fitting just mesmerises me to no end. Although it's a little on the large side I still find it both elegant and masculine and will treasure it for hopefully many years to come. If another Ferndown passes through my way again I'd definately snag it up as I'm truly a diehard fan of his pipes and quality craftsmanship.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've owned two Ferndowns, low-cost artisans with pricing on par to Ashton. I like them, especially those with the REO finish, but I find them heavy, which for me is over 50 g.
Congratulations on your low-slung Bulldog, one of my favorite designs.

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
If another Ferndown passes through my way again I'd definately snag it up as I'm truly a diehard fan of his pipes and quality craftsmanship.
Lovely pipe and glad to hear how well it smokes.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Beautiful pipe and excellent choice for the virgin smoke! Bird Dog Whiskey is good stuff, too. I got turned onto it by a guy at my hunt club. It is smooth and very affordable for the quality.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Mr. Wood certainly learned his lessons well from his tenure at Dunhill, and I like the fact that he, too, oil-cures his briar. I have an eight-panel Ferndown Bark (two stars) with a silver band and a Cumberland stem which I love. It is attractive, feels solid in my hand, drafts well, and delivers consistent smoking pleasure. What more could I ask?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I also heard they are winding down production. Pipes2Smoke is definitely the way to go, his new prices are cheaper than estates on Ebay (and he seems like a fine seller).

I love my 3 Star, but would love to find a 2 Star in the right shape, just a tad smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.