PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 13, 2011
Was handed down a Mazda B2000 SE-5 "truck." Tiny little thing.
Ran it into the ground and sold it to a guy I knew for $600. Used the cash to skip town.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
59 Chevy 2 door with a 348 boat anchor engine. Slow off the line but once she was wound up i could pass anything but a gas station.

charger186

Lurker
Feb 5, 2011
My 1st car was a 1949 Studebaker Champ, paid $80 for it in 1955 and drove the wheels off of it. My next car was a 1959 Olds, 98 and I had more fun in that car until I got married.
My59OldsConvertable.jpg

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
1941 chevrolet 2 door coup, split manifold with glasspac mufflers, it would rattle the large windows in the downtown stores when I drove by.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Wow, about to date myself...my first car (which I admittedly got a bit later than most Edit: as in, got it at 20 not 16) is a 2001 Dodge Dakota SLT, with the Magnum 5.9 V8 engine. A great size...not as huge as a RAM 2500 or F250, but not so small as one of those damned tiny Japanese trucks.

kodiakred13

Lurker
Apr 1, 2011
West Coast BC
My 1st car was well... free.

I knew an old fella when I was a young teen that has an old 68' Plymouth Satellite I think it was? Grass was all around it from lack of lawn maintenace. I asked him what were his plans with it. Do you want to sell it? He said, "I'll tell yah what young fella.. if you can get it to run, it's yours." With some help from friends, who knew a little about cars, we were able to do so. It would always stall at stop lights when it rained and blue a bit of blue, but it was a good car. And the price was right!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
First car that was mine and not shared with my brother was a 1981 Buick Regal with plush interior, power seats and spoked rims. Loved that car. Heavy as a 3/4 ton truck and total pimpmobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.