SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Since I have been regularly (for me that's a few times a week, mostly weekends) I notice that I have a sweet taste in my mouth for days after a bowl. It's not a bad thing and is quite enjoyable but I am wondering if anyone else notices this. I have been a wine addict of sorts for 30 years and I love a great wine with a long finish but I never had one go on for days!!! Peace -

Reactions: kschatey

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Since I have been regularly (for me that's a few times a week, mostly weekends) I notice that I have a sweet taste in my mouth for days after a bowl. It's not a bad thing and is quite enjoyable but I am wondering if anyone else notices this. I have been a wine addict of sorts for 30 years and I love a great wine with a long finish but I never had one go on for days!!! Peace -
Days? No. Overnight? Yes.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Maybe a little bit when I first wake up after having a pipe the night before but definitely not for days.

Jun 23, 2019
Brushing your teeth once in awhile will fix that ?

Yeah, I've never had an 'aftertaste' last pass a tooth brush.. . Or even just a quick mouthwash rinse for that matter.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I tried some Pegasus once. Never again. puffy
When I first hit Pegasus I was like WTF and put it in the basement but during my last bout with Covid I was smoking whatever for the Nic ( couldn’t taste anything anyway why not smoke the gnar) as 50% taste came back I rather liked it , we’ll see when 100% comes back. I can finally taste a bit of Burley again got some solani aged in the cart , here’s hoping the tastes comes back…

Thanks all - it must just be me. I am one of those with hyper senses. Taste, smell, hearing, vision. I am 57 and my eyesight is 20-13. It has gotten better with age, except reading. taste and smell are off the charts (thankfully back after COVID). It's both a blessing and a curse as you might imagine. Anyway, the sweetness is very subtle but it is there and I like it. -peace

Reactions: monty55

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Years ago, when I was smoking mostly Tinder Box aromatics, which are re-labeled blends from major brands, I got some residual aftertastes, like the next day, that were not sweet nor pleasant. It moderated my smoking to a few bowls a week. After quitting pipes and smoking for a few years, when I came back to it, I smoked more non-aromatics, and I did not get the aftertaste.

Years ago, when I was smoking mostly Tinder Box aromatics, which are re-labeled blends from major brands, I got some residual aftertastes, like the next day, that were not sweet nor pleasant. It moderated my smoking to a few bowls a week. After quitting pipes and smoking for a few years, when I came back to it, I smoked more non-aromatics, and I did not get the aftertaste.
Interesting - i actually get the after taste even with non Aros - say Boswells Northwoods. I think it must be the sugars in the tobacco hyper-activating my buds - OR I am losing my mind. Don't ask my wife to answer that question.

Last edited:

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Sweet? That's interesting.
But I suppose it could be worse, @Old_Newbie has had to quit for a while because all the tobacco was tasting salty...
If someone comes down with a case of spiciness, we'd have a dish!
All kidding aside I hope your mouth settles down brother. Keep us posted.