PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhe033

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2020
Indiana
So, I'm pretty sure I just had my first Lakeland yesterday, or at least my first tobacco with Lakeland essence. Anyway, I was walking the dog with my wife when about 1/2 of the way though the walk I looked over and said 'you know, this may be one of the best tobaccos I've ever smoked'.

I rarely smoke anything down to the bottom, but I sure did with that one. I resisted the urge for a second bowl, and instead savored the experience, but I'll be back again today.

So, here's my question which I'm sure has been answered here before, but didn't quite jump out on my search of the forums. Is there a rough scale for Lakeland essence among the blends? I'm curious because if Rum Flake is anything to go by, I'll be exploring a lot more.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Is there a rough scale for Lakeland essence among the blends?

Reactions: Gecko and madox07

jhe033

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2020
Indiana
Reactions: Chasing Embers

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I would rate it pretty low on the Lakeland scale. I get the lakeland taste but very faint.

I enjoy this blend quite a bit. Very sweet and very smooth. I dont smoke it often but when I do, I smoke a bowl a day for a few days straight.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Echoing previous posts, it’s pretty low on the Lakeland-o-meter, like a 2 out of 10. It is truly delicious however, and among my favorite tobaccos. If you find it hard to obtain, Peterson Hyde Park is almost the same in a ribbon/broken flake cut.

jhe033

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2020
Indiana
Thanks for the responses everyone, I've got Bob's Chocolate, Kendal Black Cherry, and Best Brown #2 as well waiting on me to try. If the import issues ever get sorted, I'll get some of the more pronounced ones as well. This is an interesting change of pace for me.

Oct 7, 2016
Echoing previous posts, it’s pretty low on the Lakeland-o-meter, like a 2 out of 10. It is truly delicious however, and among my favorite tobaccos. If you find it hard to obtain, Peterson Hyde Park is almost the same in a ribbon/broken flake cut.
Hyde Park was made by Gawith for Peterson, but per Chris Gawith hasn’t been in “several” years. It was rubbed out Rum Flake per a friend who has smoked it for 30 years. Neither of us has tried the current STG product.

Reactions: mikefu
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Hyde Park was made by Gawith for Peterson, but per Chris Gawith hasn’t been in “several” years. It was rubbed out Rum Flake per a friend who has smoked it for 30 years. Neither of us has tried the current STG product.
As of today, I have only seen those tins of Peterson Hydepark being for sale in England, whereas the market on continental Eu seems to be dried out for this particular offering, all in all both the G&H Rum Flake and Peterson HP are very nice medium-strong(though some say Peterson has higher nic content) tobaccos with moderate Lakeland sauce, definitely, I consider these as good intro blend to those who like exploring the genre,

Status
Not open for further replies.