Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Wheels

Lurker
Mar 19, 2024
Orange county, California
GMO is happening. You're probably eating GMO food now. Look at the labels.

How important is nicotine in pipe tobacco? Some say they smoke because of flavor or the process is relaxing. Is that enough, or is smoking just a pleasant way to get nicotine?

You can get decaffeinated coffee, but most coffee drinkers want the caffeine. There's non-alcoholic beer, but how popular is that? Let's be honest. Nicotine makes you feel good. I suspect very few of us would smoke if it were missing.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
NO! NO! NO!
Why do boffins have to F.....K with things cray
We wouldn't have mad cow disease if someone didn't have the daft idea of feeding HERBIVORES with ground up sheep organs
DUHHHH !!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
It wasn't "the boffins", it was the accountants. Cannibalizing of nervous tissue has a long history of association to similar diseases, like Kuru which was in biology books since I was a student 25 years ago. If the boffins had been consulted, or just some common sense had been applied as you suggest it could have been avoided. Oh well.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
They've been tinkering with the tobacco plant for generations now. Are you just now trying to decide whether you trust it? ;)
I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere had already created a nicotine free tobacco using Luther Burbank's methods.

What's the big fear of GMO plants? Does it not merely speed up what can be done with selection and natural breeding?

I suspect there's something else -- can someone please say what it is?