PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

auskip07

Lurker
Feb 26, 2024
Nice pipe - do you intend to smoke it or leave it as is?
Ill be honest with you, I smoke a little too fast and still have trouble packing my pipe correctly. I need to get the basics down before i mess with this pipe. It has been smoked a decent amount so i doubt i would ruin it.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Ill be honest with you, I smoke a little too fast and still have trouble packing my pipe correctly. I need to get the basics down before i mess with this pipe. It has been smoked a decent amount so i doubt i would ruin it.
You have it backwards! Meerschaum pipes are in my opinion the most forgiving of all!

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I was given this pipe by my father who purchased it in the 60's or 70's I dont know much about the design or who makes them but thought it would be nice to share with some people who are into these.
View attachment 291612
View attachment 291613
It's Brian Blessed!
3mLIr94V5IOA5ndY6GyqKKcyrX6.jpg

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Both pipes appear to be early 70's meers from Turkey. The B would indicate Bacchus as it wasn't until the late 70's with Ismet Beckler that meerschaum carvers began to sign their name or their initials in their pipes. It's hard to say who carved the pipe as many pipes were carved in pipe shops by a variety of carvers from master carvers to apprentices, and then sent out to a variety of gift shops to sell to tourists. The pipes would then be packaged in boxes with the gift shops information on the box, and the ones that came in cases would typically would not have any markings.

Reactions: auskip07