PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hello
I am a non-smoker and probably not likely to start either. But I am curious about this hobby and am interested in learning about it. I may ask questions from time to time.
of course we'll be happy to help. There is one big caveat we're going to subtlety try to steer you into becoming a pipe smoker. As long as you're aware and fine with that everything is great. Every time we get a new member from Wales I like pointing out that I have a tiny little bit of Welsh in my DNA and a Welsh last name. Basically German/Russian with a sprinkling of the rest of Europe and the last name Owen. I feel there is some funny story in there somewhere but heck if I can find it.

Reactions: edger

Mrs. Zarnicky

Lurker
Jan 20, 2022
Montreal
Hello
I am a non-smoker and probably not likely to start either. But I am curious about this hobby and am interested in learning about it. I may ask questions from time to time.
I smoked a pipe while in university. I gave it up for 50 years and started smoking again about 3 month ago. I love it. It's much better than I remembered. I wish I still had my old pipes though. If you begin smoking a pipe, you should be aware of the dreaded PAS. - Pipe Acquisition Syndrome. I already have 6 pipes and one on order. I have my eye on two more. Still, it's not as bad as UAS - Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome. Here is a link to that affliction. Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome - After Dinner Ukulele Society - https://adukes.org/members/ukulele-acquisition-syndrome/
As with UAS, it is important to feed the addiction. Have fun!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. My sister went to Wales and heard a choir do a fine concert, then she and her husband went to the local pub, and the choir showed up, and the real singing began!

Reactions: jpmcwjr and romaso

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. My sister went to Wales and heard a choir do a fine concert, then she and her husband went to the local pub, and the choir showed up, and the real singing began!
I know the Welsh are generally perceived to be great singers. But I can't sing a note. Its so bad I even mime in the shower. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.