Happy Thanksgiving And Safe Travels To All!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I think most of us here have much to be thankful for. I'm also thankful for this forum that has provided so much in the way of entertainment, information and even some very nice friendships.

As I grow older, Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday. Of course I enjoy the great food but most of all, I appreciate a day of spending time with the immediate family. That's especially true since grandchildren are now part of that. I hope everyone has a blessed, safe and enjoyable day.

My wife and I flew back to Indiana this week to enjoy Thanksgiving with our beautiful Daughter and her family. Last night, we all went to Benihana to celebrate our granddaughters 4th birthday. Our grandson just turned 3 months. Not liking the cold weather much but more than happy to wear a coat to be able to spend time with those two previous grandchildren.

1637786760375.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Great pic! Great gang!

Second of our two daughters arrives within the hour, other one been here since Sunday, Dad comes tomorrow - gaining two more dogs and a (ahem) cat for a few days! Love Thanksgiving and everything about end of November to end of December. Out walking today, I've got honey and molasses bread on the rise, pheasant ready for sous vide this evening and due to popular demand, Hallmark Xmas movies on the TV, haha. Great dinners, warm fires, ultra competitive pool and board games, should be a great few days!!!

Have a safe, blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving all!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I think most of us here have much to be thankful for. I'm also thankful for this forum that has provided so much in the way of entertainment, information and even some very nice friendships.

As I grow older, Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday. Of course I enjoy the great food but most of all, I appreciate a day of spending time with the immediate family. That's especially true since grandchildren are now part of that. I hope everyone has a blessed, safe and enjoyable day.

My wife and I flew back to Indiana this week to enjoy Thanksgiving with our beautiful Daughter and her family. Last night, we all went to Benihana to celebrate our granddaughters 4th birthday. Our grandson just turned 3 months. Not liking the cold weather much but more than happy to wear a coat to be able to spend time with those two previous grandchildren.

View attachment 110693
Ah, so you do have a heart! What a fine foto and family. I, too, would venture back to the Midwest for such a reunion.

Happy, happy!

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
Thanks for the reminder that most of us have a lot to be thankful for. My grandmother had a saying: “There’s only one thing better than having something good, and that’s knowing that you have it. “

My prayers for those who are experiencing hardships and illness.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Nice photo of the family. Where are all of the other patrons? Perhaps you told them all to get out of the picture?

Mark: "Attention! I want everyone to stand over here (pointing to the side) until our family picture is taken".

Everybody in the restaurant gets up and moves out of the picture. Click-flash, click-flash.

Mark: "Okay, everyone may return to their seats".

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE