PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

phdaemon

Lurker
May 31, 2022
Welcome from SF Bay Area! Where in Cali? My wallets been much emptier the last few years as well since I dove deep into it myself!

Same brother, Bay Area (South of SJ)!

Not a whole lot of pipe shops around here, Telford's Pipe & Cigar seems to be the best but they're quite far north from where I'm at. Luckily I can call and they mail me stuff, but most things I just buy online.

phdaemon

Lurker
May 31, 2022
Welcome from Durham in the UK

👋 Thanks!

How is getting that Germains in there? As hard as it is here in the states? Been looking to try the 1820 Flake to see how it compares to Penzance but it's been harder to find than Penzance itself, especially with the shipping ban. Seems I might have to live vicariously through our friends across the pond when it comes to certain Germain blends.

Sgetz

Lifer
May 21, 2020
UK
👋 Thanks!

How is getting that Germains in there? As hard as it is here in the states? Been looking to try the 1820 Flake to see how it compares to Penzance but it's been harder to find than Penzance itself, especially with the shipping ban. Seems I might have to live vicariously through our friends across the pond when it comes to certain Germain blends.
I am afraid it's almost impossible to find any of the popular ones. I order from smoking pipes.com!

Lakeland are generally available. And they are very good.

• Sad
Reactions: phdaemon

phdaemon

Lurker
May 31, 2022
I am afraid it's almost impossible to find any of the popular ones. I order from smoking pipes.com!

Lakeland are generally available. And they are very good.
+1 I also order some stuff from SP. I'm not big on lakelands though, and I don't think SP will ever have 1820 Flake (The UK version of Penzance). If they ever do though, hopefully I'll be lucky to get a bit but it's doubtful.

In any case, thanks for the welcome and good luck on your hunt sir!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Same brother, Bay Area (South of SJ)!

Not a whole lot of pipe shops around here, Telford's Pipe & Cigar seems to be the best but they're quite far north from where I'm at. Luckily I can call and they mail me stuff, but most things I just buy online.
I am well South of SJ!
The Piedmont Tobacconist used to be fabulous, but when Steve Richman died, it's not so nice. And, it's in Oakland!

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: phdaemon