PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think this wins the award for most sparse introduction on this site. :) So what's your main pipe? What blends do you like? And most importantly what does one do for fun in Birmingham? Oh welcome from the middle of Pennsylvania.

buggy63

Lurker
Apr 7, 2024
Birmingham. England
I think this wins the award for most sparse introduction on this site. :) So what's your main pipe? What blends do you like? And most importantly what does one do for fun in Birmingham? Oh welcome from the middle of Pennsylvania.
It said introduce yourself and where you were based. It DIDN`T say write your life story however....
I am 66 years old and have been smoking a pipe on and off for about 20 years although not continually. I was walking past a local pipe shop years ago as somebody opened the door and the smell hit me....amazing.
I later braved going in and bought myself a small pipe and unfortunately an American peach and vanilla flavoured tobacco which was not unpleasant, slightly sickly and a bit too much. Now the story turns a bit dark....Some months later and after a few experiments I bought myself a Petersen bent, a plastic disposable lighter and some other tobacco, black cherry I think....I used to walk my dog at the local park, it was a hot sunny evening I lit my pipe and went off with the dog. As I returned to the car, it appeared I had tinted windows but I didn`t, the lighter had exploded in the sun and set the front of my cars interior on fire....hohoho. In a fit of temper which I think I was entitled, the pipe got thrown,(a Petersen for pity sake).
With the help of some people I put the fire out and although it was drivable I drove home with all the windows open looking like the Arkansas chuggabug of Dick Dastardly fame. £6000 worth of damage, and a slightly unhappy wife and a dog with a cough. We both worked in the health service at the time and I think she mentioned it in a news letter as EVERYBODY reminded me of that day for about a year. Thank you for letting me join.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: anotherbob

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
And thank you for letting me join.

I`m 66 years old and based in Birmingham, England.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
WE
I`m originally from Liverpool where they play REAL football......lol 😂
We have a thread that's mostly on Premier League doings.

I hope the Reds can pull off top of the table. Helluva finish in the Prem, be it at the top or in the relegation zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: buggy63