PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Thankfully @edger i haven’t got one of those; I’d very likely need the help of the fire brigade if I did have access to one of those. ? ??
Actually it’s easy, and no additional oxidation. The boiling water has only worked for me with stock plastic corncob stems.
Peterson pipes seem to me to be over bent or under bent invariably. I always adjust them with the heat gun. Heat guns are not expensive.

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
Actually it’s easy, and no additional oxidation. The boiling water has only worked for me with stock plastic corncob stems.
Peterson pipes seem to me to be over bent or under bent invariably. I always adjust them with the heat gun. Heat guns are not expensive.
I’ll try the oven first: my track record for DIY usually involves the emergency services at some point. I won’t elaborate on my attempts at renovating an Aladdin #23 paraffin lamp ?‍?

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
The heat gun allows you more control over the malleability of the stem when you use a thick glove and allows you to control how much of the stem needs heat. I don't recommend the oven method.

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
The heat gun allows you more control over the malleability of the stem when you use a thick glove and allows you to control how much of the stem needs heat. I don't recommend the oven method.
Edger - that was not the answer I was hoping for.

I’m sure we have all seen footage of USMC flamethrower crews moving on to IJA positions in the Pacific theatre? Well that is frowned upon by South Yorkshire Fire Brigade these days.?

Some will say “That couldn’t happen with a heat gun, Franco!”

Well trust me, it could.

C5259915-825B-4539-91C9-2DDC6662EF7A.jpeg

??

I am useless - worse than useless really: I can burn water!

• Haha

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I’ll try the oven first: my track record for DIY usually involves the emergency services at some point. I won’t elaborate on my attempts at renovating an Aladdin #23 paraffin lamp ?‍?
?
Brings back visions of Frank in "Some Mothers Do 'ave Them"

For those of you not familiar with British TV comedy, the main character is played by Michael Crawford pre- Phantom of the Opera.