PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Shortwave

Lurker
Sep 25, 2022
Howdy from the midwest!
I've been a pipe smoker for about eight years.
Started out with vanilla cavendish like a lot of folks, but these days I gravitate toward English blends.
That being said, I'm usually too busy sampling other blends to stick with one!
Feel free to pass along any recommendations for new tobaccos to try as I've hardly scratched the surface!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. Same here, I'm always sampling so many things that the thought of having a tobacco rotation seems unlikely at best. That said, I do have a few "standbys," and you probably will too. If you're lucky, they'll still be in production.

This forum is a great resource, not to mention an excellent outlet for sarcasm and bad puns. Enjoy the journey!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Welcome from North Carolina. If you like English try Royal and Omega from LJ Peretti. I would also recommend getting a tin each of Macbaren's H&H series and see how the other genres appeal to you.

Reactions: Shortwave

Shortwave

Lurker
Sep 25, 2022
Welcome from North Carolina. If you like English try Royal and Omega from LJ Peretti. I would also recommend getting a tin each of Macbaren's H&H series and see how the other genres appeal to you.
I've thought about picking up H&H Old Dark Fired, have you had any experience with that blend?

Reactions: FurCoat

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I grew up in the Midwest, a near northwest suburb of Chicago, and my wife is from northeast Missouri deep in farm country up near the Iowa line. I'm a burley devotee so have some ideas about burley blends, English blends with burley, and such, though I like other genres too.

phdaemon

Lurker
May 31, 2022
Howdy from the midwest!
I've been a pipe smoker for about eight years.
Started out with vanilla cavendish like a lot of folks, but these days I gravitate toward English blends.
That being said, I'm usually too busy sampling other blends to stick with one!
Feel free to pass along any recommendations for new tobaccos to try as I've hardly scratched the surface!
Welcome!

Check out Boswell Northwoods and Country Squire Shepherd's Pie. Both have a slight aromatic quality to them but are English blends, considered clones of Frog Morton's Cellar. If you have access to it you might also want to try out Palmetto Balkan (It's a Balkan that C&D released that tries to bring back the Syrian flavors of latakia...they did a pretty decent job at it).

If you ever move toward VA/x blends a whole new world will open up to ya.

Once you get into it a bit heavier, then you might want to start going after the hard-to-find blends...some of those are worth the hunt.

Glad to have you around!