PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

buggy63

Lurker
Apr 7, 2024
Birmingham. England
I am fairly new to pipes. I had one I was very fond of but there is a sad story. I smoked it twice when I had the start of a cold sore on my lip (D`oh). Like an idiot, it happened a few times and each time, despite boiling the stem thinking it would solve it. Nope. Eventually I wrote the pipe off and threw it away.

I recently read I can buy replacements but don``t know where to do so, or if there are regulation sizes ? Any help would be gratefully recieved.

TIA

UK based

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
If you are saying you threw away the stem...then no there are not standard replacements. Having one made will likely be more than getting a different pipe. Its too late now but I would have just given it a rinse in alcohol. If it was sanitized its probably more tobacco as an irritant than germs. Try not having the pipe in the same spot all the time on your lips.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
cold sores are triggered by things like stress. I am assuming you were afraid of the pipe reinfecting your lip. Well all the viruses in the family that cause cold sores stay in your body forever. Chicken Pox is a related virus. Basically the same rules apply. The pipe like has been suggested could have been a physical irritant.
Now you shouldn't share your pipes with other people, especially if you smoked with a cold sore. Though a pipe is about relaxing and enjoying or something like that, if something makes it feel off then it's harder to enjoy.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Were you under the age of reason? (it used to be 21, but the way the world has turned, it must be about 75 now.). Were you contrite?

You have confessed your sin, so you are forgiven.

• Haha
Reactions: buggy63

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I am fairly new to pipes. I had one I was very fond of but there is a sad story. I smoked it twice when I had the start of a cold sore on my lip (D`oh). Like an idiot, it happened a few times and each time, despite boiling the stem thinking it would solve it. Nope. Eventually I wrote the pipe off and threw it away.

I recently read I can buy replacements but don``t know where to do so, or if there are regulation sizes ? Any help would be gratefully recieved.

TIA

UK based
Had a gf that got an STD from wearing a bikini while sitting on a tractor, totally understand!

Reactions: jpmcwjr