PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
This topic stems from a conversation I was fortunate enough to have with Greg Pease at the Las Vegas event this past year. Both of us wondered how food and beverage taste correlate with tobacco taste, but it is something very difficult to measure. I think I've come up with an interesting little sample, if any of you wouldn't mind responding.

Imagine you're having an idyllic night in. No wife, no kids, but perhaps pets if you might like them around. Anywho, it's just you.

You decide that you would like to have your perfect meal alone, then maybe a drink and a smoke. My questions here are...

What do you have to eat? Do you make it yourself or do you order it and bring it home, or have it delivered?

And when you grab a drink and load a smoke, what are they, and where do you enjoy them?

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
When I think about a really perfect evening I'm imagining it's mid-autumn and I'm cooking up a pot of homemade split pea soup on the stove, then enjoying it with some thick slices of hearty whole meal bread topped with well aged cheddar. For a beverage some local apple cider sounds nice, and for my smoke afterwards I'll go with Cornell & Diehl Pegasus in a Cobbit Shire corncob pipe.puffy

Reactions: jbfrady

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Idyllic moments for me are shared with like-minded mates - good food, wine and conversation.
Then port, rum or cognac with cigars or pipes.

If I’m alone, it’s too much trouble to cook and wash up.
I don’t like leaving pots, pans and dishes unwashed so having to clean up would interrupt and ruin the evening for me

Reactions: jbfrady