PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I second the Falcon Bantam! I have six and they are great smokers. I would add the Peterson Irish Army 406, a small squat apple. It’s available in p-lip and fishtail. Also the Peterson 317.

Reactions: Servant King

whitebar

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
Castello shape 55 2k, Dunhill group 2, small Briarworks apple, also several Tom Eltangs have small bowls. Small bowl pipes are great for flakes or for a quick smoke.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Some cuts of weed smoke faster than others. I can get an hour out of a flake in the Falcon Bantams, but I’m a sipper. You might be looking for a quick smoke on a break at work. You didn’t say why you wanted a small bowl. Tobacco capacity or a pipe that you can easily carry?
I like small chambers because I tire of a pipe pretty quickly and like to move on to another blend for variety.
Let us know so we can be more helpful.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Group 1 to 3 are all smaller than medium, so it depends on what you want. Of course, you can always pack a partial bowl depending on your preference. Extra small chambers come on the Peterson Belgique and the Rossi Piccolo along with many others, some already mentioned. Flake, coin, plug, and rope do smoke slower than loose tobacco so will provide a longer smoke in a smaller chamber if desired. Notably some French brands have slightly smaller than medium size chambers, so you can shop them, paying attention to specs on chamber diameter and depth. Happy hunting.

• Love
Reactions: edger

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
Some cuts of weed smoke faster than others. I can get an hour out of a flake in the Falcon Bantams, but I’m a sipper. You might be looking for a quick smoke on a break at work. You didn’t say why you wanted a small bowl. Tobacco capacity or a pipe that you can easily carry?
I like small chambers because I tire of a pipe pretty quickly and like to move on to another blend for variety.
Let us know so we can be more helpful.
Basically for quicker smokes. No real reason though.

Reactions: edger

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Basically for quicker smokes. No real reason though.
Gotcha! The small pipes are more comfortable if you clench, and some of the large pipes, too me, just look
affected, if you know what I mean. I’m not into ostentation ie. overly colorful stems and weird shapes. I should have lived in the 1930’s.

Reactions: jpmcwjr