Jim's C&D Carolina Red Flake 2022 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I’m a hot smoker, even when I slow down, I like to puff. Many straight virginias are a bit too much for me if I go over a bowl a day. CRF allows me to smoke how I like. A really interesting blend, I assume lower sugar then say “Christmas cheer”

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
Yep, I emailed SP last night and they said one more release this year with Perique. Jeremy is actively looking for good replacement leaf. I say this is great news.
Does this mean no more CRF without perique? That would sure be a shame.

Stah

Lurker
Dec 12, 2022
www.tobaccoreviews.com
So, october is at the door, CRFP'23 has come, but are there any news about CRF?
I still have around 30 tins of CRF'22. Some were made in 2022, some are in a beginning of May, 2023 (but I am sure it's 2022). However, I wonder what about this year?

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
From an SPC correspondence:

While Carolina Red Flake with Perique is slated to be released later this year, it is unfortunate that Cornell & Diehl's stock of the specific varietal of Red Virginias used in Carolina Red Flake is dwindling. As far as we know, this may be the last release that contains that particular varietal, unfortunately.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.

While Carolina Red Flake with Perique is slated to be released later this year, it is unfortunate that Cornell & Diehl's stock of the specific varietal of Red Virginias used in Carolina Red Flake is dwindling. As far as we know, this may be the last release that contains that particular varietal, unfortunately.
Queue up next limited edition small batch Red VA release with very limited Red VA's that are limited and never to be seen again.

• Wow
Reactions: Ben.R.C

Stah

Lurker
Dec 12, 2022
www.tobaccoreviews.com

Thanks a lot!
At least, I have my stash.