Jim's C&D Steamworks Small Batch 2024 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Last year's mold stories may be giving buyers pause.
I was actually coming onto the site to ask if anyone was familiar with this. So, I appreciate the review and comments. I notice that part of it's process is being "steamed." Could that addition of moisture have anything to do with the "mold stories" that you mention? It sounds interesting but I'm not fond of mold.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Sounds like what I'm liking lately. I've got a "sleeve" of them on the way. 1 for soon, others for later.

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
I was actually coming onto the site to ask if anyone was familiar with this. So, I appreciate the review and comments. I notice that part of it's process is being "steamed." Could that addition of moisture have anything to do with the "mold stories" that you mention? It sounds interesting but I'm not fond of mold.
Lots of pipe tobacco is steamed.
None of mine from last year molded, it all became ash....
as with many makers, ymmv.
It's worth a two tin purchase. 1 for now and 1 for the cellar.

I'm picking up a few this afternoon.

Reactions: Choatecav

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
None of my tins from the last release had mold and I enjoyed it a lot. I recently had a conversation with Jermy and he told me some of the great measures they go through without adding more additives to prevent mold. I have never had a C&D tin to have mold so I picked up 15 tins this release.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Almost finished with a tin of the last release, I stocked up good on that 1. I might get a couple of this release, but it is a lovely blend. It's not super strong but you can feel the N the flavor is unique and satisfying and I like the color of the flakes lol. Good blend.

Reactions: Choatecav

DurinsRest

Lurker
Aug 13, 2022
I bought about 12 tins from last years and got 4 replaced bc of mold. SP is amazing with that issue. But I really enjoyed the smoke something a little unique but honestly nothing game changing.