PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
I may be in the minority of pipe smokers who like aro’s, but just had to share my love for this stuff. Total guilty pleasure!

I enjoy CBRM, Hobbit’s Weed Match and Lord Methley’s, but gotta say that Lane’s offering is really quite good. Doesn’t hurt that my wife thinks it smells nice also.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I haven't smoked any aros in a long time, except maybe University Flake, which I'm not sure qualifies as a true aro, but I haven't even had it in quite a while.

When I first started pipe smoking however (converted from cigars somewhere around '06 I think it was) I tried several aros during the first year or so. The only one I have fond memories of is Lane Black Raspberry. I may have to revisit it.

Reactions: Bassman65

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I have had a bowl of this, just one. I thought it smoked and tasted fine. But my car stunk of stale tobacco as bad as any rancid cigar and lasted for days. I gave it away.

With my regularly enjoyed blends, a short drive with the windows down and all is fresh again.

I’ve found that most aros will do this. Artificial flavorings when burned can reak strongly.

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
I have had a bowl of this, just one. I thought it smoked and tasted fine. But my car stunk of stale tobacco as bad as any rancid cigar and lasted for days. I gave it away.

With my regularly enjoyed blends, a short drive with the windows down and all is fresh again.

I’ve found that most aros will do this. Artificial flavorings when burned can reak strongly.
Outdoor only smoker, so I’ve never noticed. I’ll have to give my coat a whiff.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I may be in the minority of pipe smokers who like aro’s, but just had to share my love for this stuff. Total guilty pleasure!

I enjoy CBRM, Hobbit’s Weed Match and Lord Methley’s, but gotta say that Lane’s offering is really quite good. Doesn’t hurt that my wife thinks it smells nice also.
I think it's more aros just don't get talked about a lot. And for me it's frankly because most of them you can figure out if it's for you from the name. That is a good one and I think it's the first pipe tobacco I ever smoked.