12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
After all his talk of wanting to see out his career at Mercedes it seems that he's had a change of heart. It appears that the 2 year deal he signed was only 1 year with 1 year optional. I guess it'll be Charles Leclerc and Lewis at Ferrari in 2025. Should be interesting.

I wonder who'll take that vacant Mercedes seat?

Jun 9, 2018
England
The appeal of the red cars.
Not often a good career move.
Yeah, every driver wants to race for Ferrari at some point in their career. They haven't won a drivers championship since Kimi in '07 tho. They've had some great drivers in the intervening years, like Vettel and Alonso, but they haven't managed to do the business.

Same thing happened in their 80's / 90's barren run. They had some brilliant drivers like Mansel and Prost (among others) but no championships. It took the holy trinity of Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher to change all that.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sorta on topic: among several articles on the move, there was a lot of talk 9 months ago about a movie on F-1 that Apple was making (with Brad Pitt, of all actors). Anyone know anything about it?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
There was a ton of talk (articles) in July. I had to effin' google it me self:

"With the film still in pre-production, a concrete release date is currently unknown. However, we can likely expect to find the film in late 2024 or early 2025, speeding its way exclusively into cinemas before heading to Apple TV +."

Darn. I was hoping to see it pre-2024 season. Now, maybe, before 2025.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I
Sorta on topic: among several articles on the move, there was a lot of talk 9 months ago about a movie on F-1 that Apple was making (with Brad Pitt, of all actors). Anyone know anything about it?
I heard about they were filming in during the race weekends last season. They had a garage in the F1 pits with their cars. I heard they were filming and had a garage at le Mans and Daytona last week.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I heard about they were filming in during the race weekends last season. They had a garage in the F1 pits with their cars. I heard they were filming and had a garage at le Mans and Daytona last week.
Great update! Yep, all the above was written and illustrated extensively last year- except of course the last week stuff.