PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
The VIP badges only apply for pipe purchases and pipe discounts. Other things don't count. When you go crazy over Peterson pipes, it does save good pocket changes. SP has best price on Peterson to start with, so any additional discount is plus. Other brands on other hand, who cares?

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Let’s see, SNF goes for $3/lb….if I order a quarter ton I can get 10% off a pipe (which I never see me spending a bunch of money on anyway-I’ll never pay rifle money for a pipe).

….I’ll get right on that!
$3/lb? That's a bargain.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I find myself using SP most of the time. They are reliable, have great customer service, and their website is laid out extremely well (which is more than I can say for most pipe shops online; some look like old GeoCites webpages).

I got the Silver status, and it has some nice perks. 5% off any pipe, 10% off Savinelli, Cavicchi, and Peterson, and 15% off Dunhill. Free economy shipping. They typically combine with their other promotions, too. For example, I got 10% off a Peterson pipe and got the St. Patrick's Reserve tobacco with it and with free shipping. Ain't too bad a deal. And occasionally, I will get access to select pipes at 15% off.

It's a nice little perk. I won't make it a point to blow up my wallet to keep it, but I find I'm bound to buy at least a tin or two once a month, so I usually do it through SP. Keeps the status going.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
There was a lengthy thread years ago that discussed the various SPC badges. If you posted in this thread, it's worth the read.

I believe the gold badge is $5k annually or $50k lifetime with a decent discount on certain pipes.