PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jhe033

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2020
Indiana
Good day fellow pipe enthusiasts.

Some of what I'm reading about this blend describes this particular Mac Baren mixture as a lighter and sweeter version of Scottish Mixture.

The Scottish Mixture has become one of my favorites and is an almost daily rotation. So, does anyone on the forum smoke both blends regularly, and is Danish a comparable but lighter mixture? Does it have similar complexity?

Normally I'd just buy a few tins sight unseen, but the TAD has been pretty heavy lately. Also, I have WAY too many blends to try at the moment and I'm looking for a little extra feedback.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Reactions: ofafeather

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I was in the same boat. Mixture is a favourite of mine, so I tried the modern. I tried two bowls and they both sucked. I made a note to try it again later and moved on.

I thought that I could tolerate Danish aromatics because of my experience with Mixture, but maybe not. I smoke pretty slow, but I am also new to this, so who knows. Or maybe I just had an off weekend. But to me, it didn’t taste like “Mixture but sweeter,” which I expected. It was a different creature.

If people report that it’s good here, I might pull it out and try it again soon.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It’s totally different. Mixture modern uses the modern cavendish which is fruit flavored. Sort of like cotton candy.

so it’s not the same at all as Mixture Scottish and don’t expect it to be.