PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hyoutang

Lurker
May 31, 2021
chiba,japan
The kristen is the first American-made pipe I got.
I like the shape and function and now I have a few.
When I go on trips, it is useful to have a replacement bowl because I can enjoy several bowls.
The mouthpiece is chunky and I think it feels bad, but it will supply cold smoke.
Disassembling and assembling is simply fun.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Does this pre-date or come after the Falcon? The Falcon originated in the U.S. but was eventually bought by an outfit in the UK where it now is made. It seems the Kirsten is now out of business, right? The two pipes are quite similar in the metal shank/stem and the interchangeable screw-in bowls. It seems whichever came first inspired the second.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Swampfox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
North Central Florida
Don’t know which came first. That will be fun reading later. As to if they’re out of business I’m not sure. They have a website that appears to operational? I haven’t tried to order anything as I’ve not even smoked this pipe yet (I will tonight). I did read that company had closed and reopened several times over the years. I’ll call the number online and see

Swampfox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
North Central Florida
Just got a return call! They are open still, just limited on stock. I learned that any size bowl works on any size pipe. The other parts are not interchangeable. He also told me the Aladdin hasn’t been made in 50 years ish. Really nice guy.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob