PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
The fourth annual Earth Hour will see buildings in up to 4,000 cities in more than 120 countries unplug to reduce energy consumption and draw attention to the dangers of climate change, according to organizers. The event will roll across the world, with participants turning off the lights when the clock strikes 8:30 p.m. local time. From a shopping mall in Manila to the Eiffel Tower in Paris and the Empire State Building in New York, landmarks and skylines will dim. You can't make this stuff up! Too funny! I plan on turning every light in my home on, along with every T.V. and computer. The world has gone mad.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
It's "Earth Hour" all night, every night in North Korea. Who'd a thunk 'Lil Kim is so environmentally conscious?
NorthKoreaSatellite.jpg

What you have planned falls in line with the Competitive Enterprise Institute's Human Achievement Hour celebration.
Story from Cato Institute
The story is from the Cato Institute, which I recommend for some good reading.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Dudley, Excellent article from the Cato Institute. Thanks. I refuse to play their made up fake science game. They can come to my house and get me if they want.(if they can get by the dogs) People say the world went mad during WW2. I say it was quite sane then. These are the times that try men's souls- Thomas Paine

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I agee gents. Tonight I will have as many lights as possible on, what a bunch of BS.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
If I was feeling better I would cut down a tree .So the best I can do is turn on all the lights , tvs , computers , and open all the windows and turn the heat on high , while the suvs idle in the driveway . God I hate brainwashed tree huggin sobs

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
One HOT woman there.. and she gets better with age...
I thought she was a lot better looking on her sitcom than when she had the "Whoever's In New England" and "Fancy" videos. That's probably around a 15 year difference that worked out in her favor big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.