PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Those look like some decent tins.:sher:

I love little tins of various sorts, I've always liked them, and have collected them for longer than I've smoked pipes. Tobacco coming in neat tins is one of the top ten things I like about pipe smoking, I wish companies would start making the half sized pocket tins of tobacco again.

This is my current favourite pocket tin, it had grape candies in it originally:

20230406_084433.jpg20230406_084616.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
So I put 2 flakes or Macbaren Burley Flake in one, and it kept it fresh for about 3 days before drying it out. I only need it to stay fresh for a few hours lol.

Reactions: canucklehead
Jan 27, 2020
Uh, why buy these tins? Don't you have Kangaroo sneakers or penny loafers which have compartments designed to keep samples of pipe tobacco? And, for that matter, do you not wear a fly fishing vest out when you smoke, which has all those pockets for the same purpose. I'm just... I'm very confused, why you would send monies on these tins? I don't know what else to say...

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Uh, why buy these tins? Don't you have Kangaroo sneakers or penny loafers which have compartments designed to keep samples of pipe tobacco? And, for that matter, do you not wear a fly fishing vest out when you smoke, which has all those pockets for the same purpose. I'm just... I'm very confused, why you would send monies on these tins? I don't know what else to say...
So u just dump the tobacco into your pocket? Wierdo....

Jan 27, 2020
Those look like some decent tins.:sher:

I love little tins of various sorts, I've always liked them, and have collected them for longer than I've smoked pipes. Tobacco coming in neat tins is one of the top ten things I like about pipe smoking, I wish companies would start making the half sized pocket tins of tobacco again.

This is my current favourite pocket tin, it had grape candies in it originally:

View attachment 214502View attachment 214503

You should upgrade to a DS which offers two separate tobacco compartments.

Jan 27, 2020
I also have this one for coin tobacco. Tins prevent dry tobacco from being crushed and powdered in your pocket if you're active.

View attachment 214537

No to derail this "thread" about, uhhh... "mini tins", of all things. I mean...mini? tins? it's 2023 so, I guess anything goes these days...anyways... I found a DS on a stoop near me recently and uhhh... it has two screens? Uhhh... when I was a kid, Gameboys only had one screen, and guess what? We all managed to save Princess Zelda just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.