PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

johnnyflake

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
I also love all Cobs and the Country Gent & Diplomats are pretty much my favorites as well!

Just a heads up! I don't recall the names but a few of the MM Cobs have very thick bowls but small chambers. They smoke beautifully but are short smokes. To remedy that I took a pipe bowl scrapper and slowly scrapped out about an eighth of an inch in the diameter of the chamber, maybe a tad more. That alone almost doubled the smoking time of the original pipe.

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I also love all Cobs and the Country Gent & Diplomats are pretty much my favorites as well!

Just a heads up! I don't recall the names but a few of the MM Cobs have very thick bowls but small chambers. They smoke beautifully but are short smokes. To remedy that I took a pipe bowl scrapper and slowly scrapped out about an eighth of an inch in the diameter of the chamber, maybe a tad more. That alone almost doubled the smoking time of the original pipe.

I used a drill press and a 3/4" or 7/8" forstner bit to open up the bowl on a couple of cobs. A steady hand a drill would work as well.

I love my MM cobs, my favorite is the dagner poker, I have 3 or 4 of those. I also like the country gentlemen and have a couple of those in the rotation.

johnnyflake

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
Yes! a drill press sounds like a great idea. I wish I had one! Back in the day I tried a handheld power drill and a vice, it did not work out for me. After a few days of effort, all I ended up with was four destroyed Cobs. I ended up crushing two of them with the vice and tearing up two of them with the drill. If I recall, one pipe was a Legend, and the others were cheapies with small bowls.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
These little legend pipes anyone else’s favorite?
I have only tried cobs, have not venture into briers and only been pipe smoking for about 6 months so forgive me but I have bought a few of the fancy cobs along the way (shire Cobbit, charels towns, country gentlemen) but keep coming back to my cheap legend. It smokes well and holds the perfect amount of leaf for me. And if my hands are dirty I’m not fussed about it.
Just wanted to share my appreciation and see if I’m alone 😃
View attachment 302832
You’re not alone, I appreciate my two every day, great smokers. But ahh, the stems…
image.jpg