PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Title edited.

I got a message a few days ago that MKELAW was hanging it up…

Which is sad, since there are only a handful of established estate pipe sellers on the Interwebs.

His inventory will go to another vendor.

I’ve bought a number of pipes from him over the years and always had great service. And the site always had a good selection of estates.

Yesterday was the final day… it happened rather fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Here’s the text of the message I received on Saturday…

Update: Mkelaw-Pipes.Com will go offline tonight 5/11/24. If you have any last minute purchases, please make them as soon as possible. Again, thanks very much for your business over the years. Dave​

After more than 20 years selling pipes online, I've decided that all good things must come to an end. I'm going to be closing down the website in the very near future and selling my inventory to another online pipe seller, MBSD Pipes. You're getting this email because you've patronized my store sometime over the last several years. In my talks with Mitch Ingram who runs MBSD along with his wife Sarah, I've been most impressed with what I've learned. I urge you to patronize their site. So, thank you for your business and, in so many cases, your friendship. Best regards, Dave Neeb​

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Perhaps the fun went out of it for him. Not that I need to speculate.

And if he feels obliged to explain, then I suppose he will.

Larrysson went out of business rather quickly, and without much notice. Still kinda bummed about that…

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
It had been a while since I bought a pipe from Dave (my first Dunhill actually) but always enjoyed browsing the selection.
He could make a pretty good pipe too- I wonder if he'll keep cutting briar.

Reactions: Honkytonk Man

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Hope retirement treats him well! Have a cigar buddy that owned Palio and a line of cigars that woke up and said screw it one morning, sold everything off, invested in 2 local golf pro shops and now he just golfs. Thankfully he has a few hundred of the original Palio blades sitting around for replacements, the new post sale blades suck.

Reactions: sfduke

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Dang - I was just saying to myself last weekend that I needed to start trolling that site again for a new pipe. Alas...

Hope retirement treats him well! Have a cigar buddy that owned Palio and a line of cigars that woke up and said screw it one morning, sold everything off, invested in 2 local golf pro shops and now he just golfs. Thankfully he has a few hundred of the original Palio blades sitting around for replacements, the new post sale blades suck.
Quality Importers or whoever that was ruined that brand and those cutters! I've got 2 of the originals left still cutting strong. I have no clue what I'd ever replace them with since Xikar apparently took a dive as well.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Dang - I was just saying to myself last weekend that I needed to start trolling that site again for a new pipe. Alas...

Quality Importers or whoever that was ruined that brand and those cutters! I've got 2 of the originals left still cutting strong. I have no clue what I'd ever replace them with since Xikar apparently took a dive as well.
Now it’s just more crap made in China. I’ve seen the new blades bend on stems.