PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
The Merrick is like the Dagner which have. The bowl is shallow compared to the Tom Sawyer or the Country Gentleman which I perfer for flakes if I'm using a cob. I use my sitter cobs mostly for shag cuts or ribbon.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
The Merrick is like the Dagner which have. The bowl is shallow compared to the Tom Sawyer or the Country Gentleman which I perfer for flakes if I'm using a cob. I use my sitter cobs mostly for shag cuts or ribbon.
According to MM the bowl has the same dimensions as the Riverboat Gambler, which I find has a definite place in my rotation.

I have not tried a country Gentleman for flakes as I thought the bowl might be a bit on the large size. Typically, how long does it take you to smoke through a flake in the CG?

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
According to MM the bosswl has the same dimensions as the Riverboat Gambler, which I find has a definite place in my rotation.

I have not tried a country Gentleman for flakes as I thought the bowl might be a bit on the large size. Typically, how long does it take you to smoke through a flake in the CG?
I reckon around 45 minutes. Of course that's my personal preference for deeper bowls for flakes like the Twain. I love cobs and I'm certain the Merrick will fit your needs. There's no "right" way, just what works for you.

Reactions: KruegerFlap