PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
After reading a few reviews regarding Mr. Brog, I decided to buy one, and it finally arrived today. It's a Kentucky #43. I do have pictures, but unfortunatly they're not the best. Never-the-less, here it is.......

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

I have yet to smoke it, but I can't wait.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Good luck bud, i got mine last week, its turning into one of my top 5 pipes and is well into my rotation.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
I love pipes that can last my entire life as they become part of my soul.With pear wood and any other not briar wood you have to take care of the pipe and put it in a large rotation.If you mean that nothing is forever go away with no prob

Maurizio

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Its true it won't last forever, but I still think they are worth it, for the price you can easily buy a new one. They also smoke really well. I hope you like your new pipe, congrats.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
My Mr B CW arrived yesterday too, they're keeping Postmen all over the world employed :) Lookss & feels good, just the initial weird taste is hard to come to grips with, hope it doesn't last long - did you get the same thing Don?
Overall very happy with mine for the price. I hope they branch into using other woods besides pear.

Jul 15, 2011
Would I be remiss if guessed that your pipe is a nosewarmer? If it is, then I consider a great acquisition. I love the short, stubby nature of the nose warmer pipes and am trying to add more of them to my repertoire. Even if the pipe is longer than it looks, I still think it looks great. Congrats on your score! Maybe a Mr. Brog pipe is somewhere in my not too distant future.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Thanks about the compliment, i hope yours treats you as well as mine treats me, btw, the wood flavor is completely gone in mine, unless i get to the point were i start smoking the ash at the bottom by accident, with briar it tastes like ash, with these you get that good woody flavor and cant tell haha

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
This week I won $ at work in a production contest. Yippee! I can now buy the Mr Brog Scoot that I really want. Sold out??? Now I am very disappointed. I hope they get more soon. I hope you like the pipe.
Winton

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
Pipe Novelist, no, it's not a nosewarmer. It's jut your average sized pipe. And Terry, unfortunatly I don't know how it smokes yet as I haven't had a chance to try it since I got it(I'm seeing a pattern with my pipes), but I will be smoking it tonight finally so I will let you know. I'm sure it'll be great.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I hope you enjoy it, mine now smokes perfect and is one of my top go to's which also include a pete a sav and a wiley

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
I certainly did. And either I didn't look to close at the bowl size, or this baby is a sloooowwwww smoker. My other pipes I tend to get roughly 45-55 minutes out of a bowl. This one I was outside for about an hour and 15.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Yeah, mine isnt too big, i definitely have bigger pipes, but the brog smokes looong. Also try running some PA through it for a few bowls, that helped with the flavor alot, sped it up anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.