PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You're gonna have to give in and smoke that one eventually.
I'm not going to lie. This makes me a little sad. The carving would color nicely...
Thought about it but it doesn't comfortably clench. It is well within my size range but definitely a display piece. Got it from SPC back on 2020 for $85, don't think they researched it though as Emin Brothers pipes are a bit more than that.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I posted my 3 meers in the other thread, two of which are Imps and the other the first one I bought so it stays. I will only buy Imps's in the future. Best maker for me and not close. I have tried and sold at least a dozen other makers.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I just got a new IMP bent egg lattice Meerschaum! This is my first quility meerschaum pipe. I’ve had several lower end meers in the past but I never smoke them, mainly because of the restricted draw. Finally, wanting to have a decent meer, I decided it was time to get myself an IMP.

View attachment 199820
View attachment 199788

Based on the photos above I’m betting you can tell where I bought it. I’m not great at taking pictures but I’ll share one I took anyway. It passes a pipe cleaner and the draw is great. Once I get over this cold, I look forward to smoking this bad boy!

View attachment 199792

What are your thoughts on IMP’s? I know we have some fans here. How do they hold up and color over time? The main reason why I bought this is because I look forward to coloring it by simply smoking it, I don’t plan on doing anything fancy like using a coloring bowl, I just want to smoke it… A LOT!

I gotta say, it really sucks being sick when a new pipe arrives but I'm hoping I’m at the tail end of it. Fingers crossed. For now, I’ll share my excitement with you all.
You better be updating us with each smoke! Beautiful IMP

• Haha
Reactions: hawky454

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I have an IMP meerschaum and am very pleased with it. I may be in the minority but I could care less about the way meerschaum colors. For me, it is merely a smoking tool and any coloring is simply a byproduct of the smoking process. I don't wear gloves or hold by the stem, etc. My pipes are for the combustion of tobacco. Having said that, it is interesting watching different parts of the pipe color over time.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I have an IMP meerschaum and am very pleased with it. I may be in the minority but I could care less about the way meerschaum colors. For me, it is merely a smoking tool and any coloring is simply a byproduct of the smoking process. I don't wear gloves or hold by the stem, etc. My pipes are for the combustion of tobacco. Having said that, it is interesting watching different parts of the pipe color over time.
I'm about the same...the coloring doesn't hold the same level of interest for me as for some others here...I just sort of take passing note of it.