PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mattww89

Might Stick Around
Jun 18, 2022
TX
Title edited for caps. Please read rule 9!

s-l400.jpg

Get this estate pipe off of eBay unsmoked for $12. The seller has a 100% satisfied on his profile. If I'm satisfied with the purses. It kind of reminds me of the Morgan bones pipes but it doesn't have a marking on it. And I think I'm going to prison the pipe with a blow of Brian works peach cobble I recently got.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hi, Matt. Welcome to the forum!

Nice score there. The shape reminds me of my Savinelli 606, which is a great smoker and is a well balanced clencher.

Not sure what you were trying to say in that last sentence. Victim of autocorrect?

1659155822071.png

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
You wanna have a real blast? Bid on a rack with pipes. You can often get some surprises that are happy ones, especially if you focus on the rack's value.
The fun is that you'll often get pipes that are caked, dirty, and oxidized, that just require your time, energy, and patience to get into good shape for your own use.
I've acquired some really good pipes this way and also by keeping my bids in a range of value that is to me, reasonable. I had fun for about 2 yrs having the mail dropped off with a pipe or two or three at least once a week. I learned about different makes, shapes, textures, finishes, stems and materials. I am no longer seeking to acquire any pipe, other than maybe one of those newer MM Cobs with an Italian stem.

Mattww89

Might Stick Around
Jun 18, 2022
TX
You wanna have a real blast? Bid on a rack with pipes. You can often get some surprises that are happy ones, especially if you focus on the rack's value.
The fun is that you'll often get pipes that are caked, dirty, and oxidized, that just require your time, energy, and patience to get into good shape for your own use.
I've acquired some really good pipes this way and also by keeping my bids in a range of value that is to me, reasonable. I had fun for about 2 yrs having the mail dropped off with a pipe or two or three at least once a week. I learned about different makes, shapes, textures, finishes, stems and materials. I am no longer seeking to acquire any pipe, other than maybe one of those newer MM Cobs with an Italian stem.
Thanks I appreciate the advice. Yeah I could definitely use a more dedicated pipe stand.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Mattww89

Might Stick Around
Jun 18, 2022
TX
Thanks I can't wait to get my hands on it. Luckily the seller offers a free 4-day delivery on his pipes. Should be in by Tuesday. If I'm satisfied with everything I'll ask he like a shut out on this post. From what I see on its profile he has a small selection but in decent shape from what I can tell.