My Magnificent Magnum Moretti Morta

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I always wanted a Morta pipe to be a part of my collection with the theme “Materials”. Today I added this one, and currently inaugurating it with HU Dockworker.

This pipe is made of a huge block, but the chamber size is normal. It has very thick walls.

The chamber is conical, and is not vertically oriented. It gradually slants towards the stem. I have not seen or even heard about a chamber shaped like that, but it’s interesting.

IMG_7836.jpegIMG_7837.jpeg

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I always wanted a Morta pipe to be a part of my collection with the theme “Materials”. Today I added this one, and currently inaugurating it with HU Dockworker.

This pipe is made of a huge block, but the chamber size is normal. It has very thick walls.

The chamber is conical, and is not vertically oriented. It gradually slants towards the stem. I have not seen or even heard about a chamber shaped like that, but it’s interesting.

View attachment 286743View attachment 286744
It looks very sleek! How long is it?

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com

View attachment 286743View attachment 286744
Beautiful! Can you give me your impressions of both Dockworker and morta? Very curious about both.

Reactions: cshubhra

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Beautiful! Can you give me your impressions of both Dockworker and morta? Very curious about both.
I posted on WAYS (Sat 10/02)
- Penzance smoked in Moretti briar and morta Rhodesians

I preferred the morta.

Whether it was better packing ?
Or the combination of a Latakia blend and morta ?
Or just my imagination ?

Who knows ?
It is all so subjective and un-quantifiable

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I posted on WAYS (Sat 10/02)
- Penzance smoked in Moretti briar and morta Rhodesians

I preferred the morta.

Whether it was better packing ?
Or the combination of a Latakia blend and morta ?
Or just my imagination ?

Who knows ?
It is all so subjective and un-quantifiable
Thanks. I am looking to add a morta to my small collection.

What are you tasting notes/ thoughts on Dockworker? I have two tins sitting around... been waiting for, well I'm not sure.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Thanks. I am looking to add a morta to my small collection.

What are you tasting notes/ thoughts on Dockworker? I have two tins sitting around... been waiting for, well I'm not sure.
Its been a while since I've had Dockworker. And that was a small sample (enough for 3 bowls) from a very generous mate.
My recollection of it is hazy.
If it had been sublime, I would have hit him for more 😁

Reactions: Annaresti Red
I quite like the Dockworker. If you like the VaBur genre, you should like it. While most people get Chocolate/ Cocoa from burley, I often don’t so I find hard to describe burley.

Morta is an excellent material. It is hard and non-porous. I have not found much difference with other materials, but that may be because I adjust my cadence automatically depending how a pipe is performing.

For this specific Moretti, the airway is drilled properly. The tenon is narrower than other typical pipes I own, but it does not affect the draw. It smokes quite well, and so far I am getting less dottle than usual.