PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lithicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2023
Pennsylvania
I posted about this not too long ago in regards to dating. Everyone seemed to have landed on mid to late 1930's. This would undoubtedly make it my oldest pipe and I think it cleaned up quite well! Photo bomb incoming.

Here is what it looked like before I got started. Forgot to get pics before I cleaned off the metal part of the shank with 0000 steel wool. Everything else is as it was when I received it.

You can see it is DRINKLESS over KAYWOODIE, is an 8711, and has an Imported Briar stamp. It also has an inlaid clover on top with drinkless and reg no stamped on the 4 hole stinger. Granted, the reg no is quite difficult to make out.

lithicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2023
Pennsylvania
Very nice work. I have an 8707 that looks similar.
Nice!! I'd love to see a picture of it sometime!

Good on ya! Nice pipe
Excellent work, on a true classic!
Thanks guys! Definitely took a little bit of a risk on this one but the chamber seems sound and it cleaned up nicely. I've heard these 4 holes actually smoked quite well for a stinger. So, I wanted to give it a go!puffy

I'm going to give it a bit of time to air out and get settled in before I give it my first smoke 😝 I tried to keep the water/alcohol to a minimum as I didn't want to introduce too much moisture too quickly in such old briar. I followed a similar regime when cleaning up and breaking in an old Peterson and it worked well for me. So, if it ain't broke don't fix it 😅

Reactions: Cloozoe