PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
The 999 shape is the one that I've always associated with a busy smoker. You're right, I think it clenches well. I'd love to try it in the Celtic series as well.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks. I took it my travels this week. Smoked very well, but gurgles a bit loaded with escudo. I'm hoping it's just the break-in. Had about 1/2 dozen bowls in it now.i'm gonna load it with something different this weekend and see what happens. Then I'll clean it real well and let it rest next week.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks. It didn't gurgle as much with a straight VA in it. It's a nice smoker. Not the best in my rotation, but definitely not the worst.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a nice pipe. The shape feels good in the hand too. That style is next on my PAD list.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
The bulldog bowl reminds me of a Savinelli in my collection, but the silverwork and amber stem put it miles ahead of anything I own. A wonderful pipe! Thanks for the pics.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Excellent Rosslare Royal Irish! My first real pipe was a Peterson Rosslare Royal Irish Sandblast 05. I love it. Hell, I love all of my Petersons.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
ok i am new to the site and pipes in general oter then cobs whats PAD i keep seeing ppl post? and nice pipe i just got the normal one with the plain black p lip today

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Pad= pipe acquisition disorder : the sudden and unstoppable urge to add a pipe to your collection ;-)
And welcome to the forum !

Status
Not open for further replies.