PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
Give me some recommendations on some good stuff bro! I don't know what's good and what's not
Welcome from the Birthplace of Texas.

Many would have the world believe that quality is directly proportional to price, which is not true.
This is especially the case in matters of taste/preference.

Ordering a dozen different 1oz. samples from an online retailer would almost certainly be a better choice for anyone that has recently smoking, rather than spending the same amount of money on two tins of tobacco that someone else likes.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and JoeW

JoeW

Lurker
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Welcome from upper Michigan! I've recently started smoking pipes too, after about 6 months of cigars: I still love cigars, but really enjoy the flavors of pipe tobacco too. The shorter duration of my pipes makes it easier to enjoy right now too: 10-30 minutes is much easier than a 1.5 hour cigar.

Reactions: AroEnglish

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello all! Just recently got into pipe smoking. My God I love it. I come from cigarettes and vapes. And might I say what a different experience pipe smoking is. I've set me up a chair and table in the garage and I come back here and smoke my pipe and relax away from the world. I'm hooked. Here's what I've started with. Thats a Missouri Meerchaum brand straight pipe. Cheaper beginner pipe but I'm about to order me a Peterson Canadian. I seem to like the straight pipes better.
The tobacco I've got so far..

Sir Walter Raleigh ( a nice light tobacco with tangy notes)

Mixture no 79 (a rich sweet aromatic with chocolate notes)

Super Value Cherry Cavendish (picked up from my local tobacco store. It's surprisingly good. Nice and smokey with a sweet cherry finish)

I'm glad to join the Pipe community everyone has been very kind to me in the pipe world so far.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!