PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Nice! I have one identical to that one! I cut one of the sections out to fit a bent pipe. I also want to make or buy a rotating base for it. Otherwise 1/3 of the pipes are hiding and harder to access.

Jbyrd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 4, 2023
Springfield MO
Nice! I have one identical to that one! I cut one of the sections out to fit a bent pipe. I also want to make or buy a rotating base for it. Otherwise 1/3 of the pipes are hiding and harder to access.
This one has a lazy susan style so it rotates already and the jar holds 4oz of tobacco not pressing it down. I like it so far.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier

I have seen inexpensive little bamboo lazy Susans for dinner tables. They’re like 6” in diameter and cost like $10. I always thought they’d be great for this very purpose. Let me see if I can find one, quickly…

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I inherited a similar stand from my father that originally belonged to his father. I can thread most pipes into the hole and make the bowl rest in the base, even somewhat bent pipes. I have an cabinet, an open rack, and a pipe rack tobacco stand, all fully occupied and in continual use.

Your stand looks well made and finished. Maybe you can pass it down. I'm glad to have mine since no pipes got passed along.

My dad mostly owned and smoked only one pipe at a time, with maybe a near burn-out and a cob as a back-up. So he didn't have enough pipes, and I have too many, but it is fully loaded and always in use.

Reactions: Jbyrd