PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
The pipe on the left is a Middleton rugged root with a huge bowl on it. The pipe on the right is a emperor "Limited" with same large bowl. I have yet to smoke either pipe, but why would you want to put that much tobacco in a pipe? I have large hands and i can put my finger up to the last knuckle joint.LOL And if anyone has any information about either pipe it would greatly be appreciated.['img]
tobaccoandpipes007.jpg
['/img]

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
The only answer to that question ...Why would you want to put that much tobacco in a pipe? is simple- to smoke it.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I have two Benton Huskys the bowls are huge and they are great smokes..... bigger pipes cooler smoke IMO.

papaskittles

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
Ketchikan
those sure are pretty.. But the only advice i can give is.

Pipefriendchs on youtube smokes huge pipes like that and bigger all the way full

THats all i know

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Some find that a larger chamber is better for smoking a particular blend. I like certain aromatics in wider chambers because they smoke and taste better. It really just boils down to what smokes best in what pipe. Hence why we never have just a few pipes...
-Jason

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Awesome lookling pipes, I say take full advantage of that bug :lol: of a bowl size and enjoy your favorite blend.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice pipes! I like taller pipes with about a 7/8 " chamber.Over that size and I find them to be a PITA to light and keep burning right. Is that a Yellobole on the right,one with the yellow circle on stem? Looks like one a friend sent me a while back. It didn't have a stem so he dug through his stem box and found a short Yellobole stem before he sent it to me. I think my pipe needs a stem like yours.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
Both pipes look like Custombilt/Tracy Mincer models. It's not easy identifying many pipes because manufacturers will stamp anything on the side of pipe to satisfy distributor's needs. In any event, both look eminently smokable and possess that rugged-American post 50's look I enjoy. Have fun with them. p.s it's possible the one on the left was made for Middleton's pipe tobacco and was sold as a premium.

dimm

Might Stick Around
Jan 7, 2012
Montréal, Canada
I think its nice to have variation in a rotation. I see people with pipe collections of 20+ pipes that all look the same. I dont see the fun in that. I've been looking at buying a huge pipe like that because I have big hands and sometimes I get tired of holding a pipe with 2 fingers. I just just wanna really put my hand around a big block of briar.. Definitely not something I would carry around in my pocket though haha.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
Yes ejames the one on the right is a yello-bole. I tend to pick up that pipe a lot

Thank you everyone for your input !!

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
I would be willing to trade the pipe on the left for other pipes, I really like a bent apple or bulldog. would really like to get a full bent!! :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.