PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but what [B]metalheadycigarguy[/B] was discussing in terms of getting a correct Lee replica is exactly what I have been looking for.

Did you go any further in getting one carved?
Not yet I haven't. Someday, I'll take my dimensions and have one carved. Probably after my kids have graduated high school and move out, and I have more spending cash on hand. Dang kids are expensive. LOL

Old Asia Hand

Lurker
Sep 17, 2023
Not yet I haven't. Someday, I'll take my dimensions and have one carved. Probably after my kids have graduated high school and move out, and I have more spending cash on hand. Dang kids are expensive. LOL
Look what I just found - forgot that I had bought it.
How accurate a facsimile is this one?
Not "quite" bent enough?

Attachments

• An LVC.jpeg
    An LVC.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0
  • An LVC 2.jpeg
    An LVC 2.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 0

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Where's the best off-the-shelf facsimile?
Altinok's looks pretty good:

vc1081a-1200x675.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Thank you very much.
Very nice looking pipe, but USD$60 postage is a bit steep.

I have asked if there is an alternative. 👍
I've never ordered from them, but their shipping info on the site indicates $29 for standard shipping worldwide.

WillieOne

Lurker
Sep 23, 2023
Mine smokes great. It only gets hot if I puff on it like an old steam locomotive trying to outrun some bandits. But then again, any of my pipes get hot if I smoke them that fast.
I can smoke my so slow that it barely stays lit and it's still hot. The chamber is drilled slightly off center too. Another irritation. I paid way too much money for a pipe that I barely smoke.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I can smoke my so slow that it barely stays lit and it's still hot. The chamber is drilled slightly off center too. Another irritation. I paid way too much money for a pipe that I barely smoke.
That's a bummer. I know Meerschaum Market says they don't take returns if the pipe is smoked, but if it's poorly constructed pipe I would hope they would do something. Do you know which artist carved the pipe? Maybe you could contact them to see about a refund or a replacement pipe.

WillieOne

Lurker
Sep 23, 2023
That's a bummer. I know Meerschaum Market says they don't take returns if the pipe is smoked, but if it's poorly constructed pipe I would hope they would do something. Do you know which artist carved the pipe? Maybe you could contact them to see about a refund or a replacement pipe.
Not likely. It's been several months.