PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LitePiper

Lurker
Mar 23, 2024
Hi all,

I just joined after having seen a post from 2020 by a member (EA-6B, I think) who rebuilds old pipe lighters. I have a kaywoodie just like the one he shows in the (now locked) thread.

I am trying to install a new flint, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Got lots of dust out. I can’t seem to be able to pull apart the innards from the outer casing no matter what I’ve tried. I have the lower plate removed, but the stuff under it will only slightly slide out when the trigger is depressed. Like maybe 1mm or less play. I’m hoping someone familiar with these will see this and offer some friendly advice.

If this post violates any rules, I apologize and will remove it. Just trying to seek some help in the one place I may be able to find it. Seems to be some mighty resourceful people here.

I really appreciate it. I’ve included a photo below for reference. Thanks a bunch and have yourselves a great day.

IMG_0012.jpeg

LitePiper

Lurker
Mar 23, 2024
Actually I do need some advice on one last thing. If anyone knows how to get a new seal for the regulator valve, I’d be sincerely grateful for the tip. The tank is leaking the butane through that little central screw. (The screw sitting out on the right side of the photo).

I appreciate it much.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Replacement parts for lighter (seals, etc.) are sold on eBay and Etsy. I don't want to discourage you, but I would consider that lighter, as cool as it looks, to be "semi-disposable". Vintage butane lighters are quite temperamental. I have had the most success repairing/restoring Ronson butane lighters from the 1960s and early 1970s... every component is solid metal and they are quality built. Even then, I am not successful 100% of the time. Maybe look for a variety pack (multiple sizes) of some seals?

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG