PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
For those who might enjoy the radio shows from before television was popular, try this free service:

http://otr.retrovision.tv/

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Chuck,

I've been using them for a while.

I love to listen to the radio dramas, especially the Sherlock Holmes when I'm cooking.

I also like to bring my laptop into the kitchen and watch shows like The Adventures of Robin Hood, and Sherlock Holmes as well.
It's good stuff, when men were men, and women were glad of it.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
The best opening line ever.
"The only man alive on earth sat in a room. There was a knock on the door."
Dimension X

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
chuck, thanks for those links.

try another site: "times past"... several hundred old radio shows!

you can also listen to old time radio shows live on-line at a canadian radio station chml, 900 AM, broadcasting from hamilton, ont. from 10 pm-2 am nightly they stream old time shows (lone ranger, sherlock, johnny dollar, hopalong cassidy, bob hope, fibber mcgee, and others).

during maple leaf and tigercat seasons the programming doesn't begin 'til after the games (and post-game drivel) are over. sometimes the original commercials are embedded in the broadcasts and they too are fun to listen to...especially those for cigarettes..

how times have changed!!!

jrtaster/john

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
I didn't figure there were so many other OTR fans here.
To add to Chuck & Jrtaster's links, here are some pretty good resources that I've used:
OTR Plus is a great forum with lots of helpful members that'll post the rare shows you're seeking or point you to them if they know.
OTR Plus
Zoot Radio
You have to join & be signed in to download from Zoot, there's a good selection and it was my primary source before I started using archive.org.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
if you want to spend a little money, the best of the best is Sirus or XM's Old Time Radio channel. 24/7/365.

Status
Not open for further replies.