PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
View attachment 305819
2021 MacBaren Balkan. This is a new one for me and so far it is very enjoyable. I like this a lot. This was released as a replacement for Vintage Syrian. No, it's not the same blend. A little less latakia, perhaps because Cyprian is a more potent and fresher version of latakia. Similar casing as Vintage Syrian, but a bit different. Has the trademark MacBaren tart/sweet Virginias with their signature Kentucky as a small, but necessary player. Clean, crisp finish. It's not trying to be Vintage Syrian, it's it's own thing. I highly recommend this one as a medium Balkan.
Yes indeed, one of my favourite tobaccos and ages superbly

Reactions: hoipolloiglasgow

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Birthday this week. Decided to crack open a tin of Vanners by Fribourg & Treyer. This particular tin was purchased mid-year 2008, making it a Bush era tin. This came from roughly the same time I lit up my first pipe, as a freshman undergrad at a Christian college in rural SC.

I didn't know who the hell I was or what the hell I was doing. Still, there's something reminiscent and calming about a historic blend made in that era, in that moment. Part of me thinks it was a simpler time, while the rest of me thinks that that's what everybody always thinks.

20240428_193730.jpg

20240428_193821.jpg

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Birthday this week. Decided to crack open a tin of Vanners by Fribourg & Treyer. This particular tin was purchased mid-year 2008, making it a Bush era tin. This came from roughly the same time I lit up my first pipe, as a freshman undergrad at a Christian college in rural SC.

I didn't know who the hell I was or what the hell I was doing. Still, there's something reminiscent and calming about a historic blend made in that era, in that moment. Part of me thinks it was a simpler time, while the rest of me thinks that that's what everybody always thinks.

View attachment 306556

View attachment 306557
Happy birthday 🎉 & enjoy. 👍☕