PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I’m woodworker, mechanic, baker and cook. I love cooking with fire and smoke and baking my own bread. I love keeping up my 78 f100 known as Norma Jade. I smoke pipe in my wood shop where I build furniture or cabinets and recently started playing with shaping predrilled pipes. I also paint a little. View attachment 118210View attachment 118211View attachment 118212View attachment 118213View attachment 118214
That painting is quite nice. I've piddled with acrylic paining, primarily landscapes, for over 20 years with varying degrees of success.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Where to begin? My tastes and interests are catholic (small "c"); I collect Modern First Edition books, art books, comics, toys, art; enjoy craft beer (love Other Half), collecting and drinking whiskies (partial to Islay, some Japanese, and Buffalo Trace Antique); huuuge fan of Mixed Martial Arts/UFC (watch regularly); into high-end audio and collect and listen to LPs and CDs; almost went to cooking school instead of art school; love cigars and pipes. This list goes on, but that covers a good bit.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I like to read, mostly theology, bike riding, writing, some photography, entertaining and cooking. Lately refinishing pipes. I'm going to try reshaping them soon. Four torn tendons in my shoulder and two bad knees have put my motorcycle days on the shelf for a few years. One of these days, I'll get back into performing improv in some venue.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
huuuge fan of Mixed Martial Arts/UFC (watch regularly);.

My adopted son was on Dana White's Contender Series last year. He lost to an older guy with more experience. He's still training and fighting regionally occasionally though I'd rather he not. My natural son was a wrestler through high school and college. He's studied Muay Thai, Kick Boxing, Boxing and Jujitsu. When ever they meet new guys their age at like a BBQ at our house, the new young guys do what young guys do and ask them to show them their stuff. It's fine with me since house rules are there are no kicks or punches. Inevitably those new guys end up getting twisted into pretzels. lol

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019
2 G's, golf and grandchildren.

... and a healthy love for pipe tobacco? Talk about expensive hobbies :ROFLMAO:

But I took got bit by the golf bug, have been absolutely addicted since the original pandemic - renovated my house to accommodate for a putting green and short game chipping nets.

4zQluEgl.jpg

- - -

I like to paint miniatures for sci-fi war gaming more specifically warhammer the Horus heresy. I don’t have access to my miniatures right this seconds so I apologize for lack of pics.

A baby cousin introduced this to me recently and what a fun activity! But what a strain on my poor eyes! I feel like after painting just one little dude my eyes can no longer focus on anything at a distance. LOL can't imagine doing a whole "army"

bvX62L6l.jpg

Would love to see some of your stuff!

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Kids (two boys 7 and 4), working wife, a work schedule which involves a lot of weekend & evening or night work demand and all other obligations so I really don't have a lot of time. But family is the most important anyway, so can't complain. If I do have spare time I like to read a book, watch a movie (no particular genre, just what appeals at that moment, with all those streaming services easy peasy), go for a hike/bike ride, the kids who go nuts on Nintendo Switch games and I enjoy them also so that's a good excuse to also play kids games, we also enjoy a board/dice game now and then. If the 21st century plague allows I want to go on skiing trips again (Austria or Italy) and we have a RV we enjoy, we go camping about 4 to 5 weeks a year.

@Laurent @Streeper541 those are some badass trucks, to bad driving those will be costly or I should convert them to LPG with 2 euros a litre for gas, LPG is much cheaper when you can get a permit for using it as a van. Yes your read that correct, a litre, not a gallon, so that would be around 8 euros a gallon.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Kids (two boys 7 and 4), working wife, a work schedule which involves a lot of weekend & evening or night work demand and all other obligations so I really don't have a lot of time. But family is the most important anyway, so can't complain. If I do have spare time I like to read a book, watch a movie (no particular genre, just what appeals at that moment, with all those streaming services easy peasy), go for a hike/bike ride, the kids who go nuts on Nintendo Switch games and I enjoy them also so that's a good excuse to also play kids games, we also enjoy a board/dice game now and then. If the 21st century plague allows I want to go on skiing trips again (Austria or Italy) and we have a RV we enjoy, we go camping about 4 to 5 weeks a year.

@Laurent @Streeper541 those are some badass trucks, to bad driving those will be costly or I should convert them to LPG with 2 euros a litre for gas, LPG is much cheaper when you can get a permit for using it as a van. Yes your read that correct, a litre, not a gallon, so that would be around 8 euros a gallon.
It’s winter here and I don’t drive it in the snow, so I get 7 months off of getting 19 kilometers to the litre ?