PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Does anyone know if the Oak stain is nice on the Pub Pipe in person??
I have seen oak stain on House pipes and pub pipes..It is a nice stain..But a lot of pipes with this stain had a lot of fills...I had to return oak stain House pipe and got me a terra cotta without any fills and drilled right..few oak stain pub pipes and house pipes were drilled too high to my liking...

Reactions: Nevaditude

dog_park_piper

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2021
The Woodlands, TX
I have seen oak stain on House pipes and pub pipes..It is a nice stain..But a lot of pipes with this stain had a lot of fills...I had to return oak stain House pipe and got me a terra cotta without any fills and drilled right..few oak stain pub pipes and house pipes were drilled too high to my liking...
I got a terracota with a fill but ended up keeping it. I learned to consider it like a freckle and I like the pipe. I was a little put off at first that a pipe like that would have one so visible...but it's all good now.

I see that Smokingpipes had some oak stained pub pipes. But I think I should stick to the pipes I have. But if someone has a nice photo of one at home maybe I'd change my mind.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
I got a terracota with a fill but ended up keeping it. I learned to consider it like a freckle and I like the pipe. I was a little put off at first that a pipe like that would have one so visible...but it's all good now.

I see that Smokingpipes had some oak stained pub pipes. But I think I should stick to the pipes I have. But if someone has a nice photo of one at home maybe I'd change my mind.
I got Terra cotta Sherlock Holmes with about 5 fills on the bottom of the bowl..Love the pipe so kept it ...But oak stained Pipes and I have seen several- many had a long fill on the side or very noticable one at location where It bothered me(like top of the bowl etc.....So I declined...For how long Peterson is in bussiness they never mastered the process of putting a fill on the pipe ...Them people must be color blind...color is often so off ...the worst ones are shamrocks from 60s plus..

• Haha
Reactions: dog_park_piper