PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
Browsing youtube and I found this video on getting rid of gurgle. I never thought of this, perhaps all you veterans have used this tip for a long time. I just smoked outside and when I started to get a little gurgle I did this and it worked absolutely flawlessly. Thought I would share it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19lumaYTus&context=C379ade0ADOEgsToPDskJAbAkfbYlyjmqAgxDKCNal

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
My only concern would be, dont you taste the little bit of moisture remnants that you just sprayed everywhere? Wont there still be a bit of moisture on the tip?

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
You can do it in the house as well... the wife just doesn't like the stains on the carpet :rofl:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
So when someone says something I don't like or is rude to me I can make my pipe spit at them?
....awesome :eek:

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
@bbauer any moisture on the tip can just be wiped off. Sometimes when you are gurgling if you don't take care of it you can actually bring the moisture up through the stem into your mouth.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I had never seen this technique until I came across David's video a few months ago. Fact is, it work absolutely perfectly. I have one bent Pete that will soemtimes be prone to a gurgle. A couple snaps of the wrist and problem solved.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Yeah, this works every time. I didn't think it would work for a bent pipe tslex. I've only tried it on my meer which is a straight billard. Have to try it out on my Savinelli.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Here we have a notorious gurgler (a Stanwell horn):
4442687130_d184f8624a.jpg

Last night I countersunk the stem and it seems to have removed almost all of the gurgling. A wonderful method for fixing gurgling pipes.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
My first two inexpensive pipes tend to gurgle a bit. I find a soft exhale blowing the moisture back into the bowl will do the trick. Seems to me that there is a relationship between the pipe and smoker. You get to know the qualities of the pipe. Some you can just chuff away at with no problem. Others you have to slow down and treat a little more gently. Each of my pipes has its own personality.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
@ atwageman
Too civilized. Men have within them a need to be more cave-man-like. Whenever violent acts solve a problem then the manlier the movement the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.