PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I guess "wanna" means it's not something I've ordered and waiting on for delivery (something really cool is on the way), not underway already by a carver and not expecting (I'm optimistic) to order later this week. Because when those boxes are checked I just expect one that I want and will be giving a lot of thought to and that's a companion A Christmas Carol pipe from J. Everett. He had a good idea after he sent the last one and I'm still pondering that and thinking of it every time I see Edward Woodward in the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Eyeballing a bulldog. Not my favorite shape but when I can order a bunch of lakelands I thought that might be a good idea. You know dedicated to that style.
Mustly just works for a joke.
oh I was eyeballing a Kaywoodie bulldog shape. I actually really like how they make them. Not sure why but they look good where that shape rarely catches my eye.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Why not a seven day set?
Just as I'm searching for something that would work for A Christmas Carol, I stumble on an old turn of the century silver spoon made into a ring - Santa going down a chimney and "twas the night before Christmas" inscribed - if it can be sized small enough I'm thinking now that this inspired me of going all Clement Moore with the next one. Might just have to go with the gut on this now I've found some unintended inspiration. Or. . . . . two, lol.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
As long as it's a really big one!?
that's certainly key. If it's a dedicated pipe it has to have some size to it. Don't want to be caught short. Also I have a feeling I will really like the whole lakelands thing. But I also feel like it could legit ghost a pipe in a way that is disappointing.
The thing is you can always under fill a pipe but you can't over fill it. Well and still have as good of a smoke.